Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Online Search....

I decided with the new information I had gathered about my birth parents I was going to do the online search thing. 

I started out with just a general search in google.  I put in my birth mother's name and there was nothing.  I thought to myself, how can this be???  Nothing??  So, I put in my birth father's name and hit search.  There were several pages that came up for his name and one caught my eye.  It was a business based out of the town I was born in.  I decided to check it out and clicked on it.  I was a bit nervous to be honest to find out any information.  When it pulled up it was a page with their employee's picture and some information about them.  I scrolled down looking for his name and face and there it was.  He was right in front of my face!  When I first looked at him my thoughts immediately went to, 'Man, this looks like my adoptive grandfather'.  It was strange.  I read the information and it said he was married to S and had 3 boys and listed their names.  I thought to myself, what are the chances that he married someone with the same first name as my birth mother?  Then I thought, what if he married my birth mother?  It would be totally crazy if they ended up marrying.  Okay, so there are three boys.  It was time to look them up and see if they were on Facebook.  What would we do without Facebook?   I looked each name up and found all three of them.  As I looked at them I felt a sense of familiarity.  The middle one I thought I looked a lot like and realized this must be them. 

I took my search to Ancestory.com and maybe I should have waited until I knew who I was really looking for but found a little more information on them.  I didn't know what grandparents to search for so it made it a bit difficult to search.  I stated in a previous post that in my Social Service records there was a page with my parents wedding announcement.  I actually didn't get that file until after I started searching online which led me to wonder if they had married or not.

For months I "stalked" the boys' pages and would look at their pictures and see if any of their friends were my relatives.  I felt a bit creepy to be honest!  It was just that they were people that shared the same biological history with me.  It is a strange feeling to have.  I love my adoptive family.  They are my family but then you think about how there use to be this other family and there still is this other family out there.  It just makes your mind crazy sometimes.  I did this "stalking" thing for months until I decided it was time to write a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment